View Profile Midnights-Ocean

39 Movie Reviews

Though I think there are more important things to get upset about, I will say:

When the casting choices actually start changing an established character (which they sometimes do), it puts people off, because they were advertised an established character and paid money to see said established character, because they LIKE said established character.

Though trailers are starting to because overt when a bait and switch is in progress, there are still those who mistakenly expect respect to the source material.

I'm pretty sure people would complain if they were advertised a veggie burger, paid for a veggie burger but got beef instead, because, a burger is a burger right?

The real question is, why are people trying to change movies, instead of just boycotting them if they don't like the production choices?

Making fun of the over-saturated/overrated internet celebrities by acting like one. hmmm. Not sure this accomplishes what was intended.

Social balkanization. Have fun fighting that shit.

1 Game Review

Ok there’s a lot to compliment on this one. So, I’m going to stick with the few things that actually don’t work for me. The smexy stuff is at odds with the game play. You gota loose to get the no clothes scenes and that’s frustrating. Never understood fappish games that are structured that way. Other thing is, even on a 65mps connection it still laggs enough to make platforming a frustrating pain in the ass. Another thing I never understood. On line platformers. It just doesn’t work very well. Your exe might have fixed that issue but it keeps giving me a “cabinet is not valid” error when I try to run it in wine (on linux. yes I know, don't say it). Says it's corrupted. Played on line for a bit. Got half the keys before I just gave up. Add more kinds of enemies, fix those issues and this would get 6 stars for me. Like I said, a lot to compliment but a few unfortunate problems that killed the fun for me.

hentaiwriter responds:

Thanks for the review and rating!

So for the no clothes stuff, you can actually see all the animations in a level by beating it in the title screen gallery; additionally, in the full game, you'll be able to re-watch cutscenes and databanks there as well.

There's also a number of sex scenes that you can only get by winning or doing well, and a number of them that will just show throughout the level regardless of your performance as well.

The lag is primarily from your computer more than likely, as the number of files in the cache when this is running is fairly large; unfortunately, as you're on Linux, some computers can't emulate it successfully with WINE, and a lot of Linux computers are unable to do so. The full version of the game though will get a legitimate Linux build, but for now unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that.

The full game also has 4 enemies for each level, and one boss for each level for a total of 20 enemies and 5 bosses; we chose to go with a smaller amount of enemies but to give them multiple attacks, so that enemies have more depth to them instead of being throwaways with only one attack each, so to speak.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the full game more! :D

102 Audio Reviews

Fantastic mix. I'm surprised how reserved the high end is. Just crisp enough to be perfect for me. Only thing I wish was the reverb on the cello wasn't so hallway-ish but that's just personal preference. I always tend to like larger longer reverbs. If this is for a scene inside a castle though the hallway verb would is appropriate.

IoTheEternal responds:

haha I actually tried to apply more immersive reverb but it kinda muddied the mix.. so I opted for a more reserved subtle reverb - but hey.. not bad for a 2005 song hehe :P

In the game this song plays when you die.. so.. not sure WHERE that would be placement wise haha.. the void? :P - the darkness beyond time?

haha anyways :P

glad you liked! And yeah I am surprised with the high end too - but the mix is very bare so that might be why - and no high end instruments like hihats or flutes or choirs :P

thanks for the review! :)

-shawn (Chronamut)-

lol I like it. I don't think I've heard something quite like this here.

BenTibbetts responds:

Thanks! Pretty weird experiment but definitely worth trying. Something endearing about the voice sound to me, I used it a few years ago in the track "So I Am Singing" as well and always remembered the timbre.

Hey awesome track. No complaints here. :)

9 Art Reviews

This is what I envision when I hear polka music.

jouste responds:

haha that's terrifying.

*highfives

well, that's cute as fuck.

I have to pee. hug me.

I make music and sounds. I post mostly on newgrounds so people can use them in games and such. My full albums can be found on my home page below.

Music