View Profile Midnights-Ocean

2 w/ Responses

Ok there’s a lot to compliment on this one. So, I’m going to stick with the few things that actually don’t work for me. The smexy stuff is at odds with the game play. You gota loose to get the no clothes scenes and that’s frustrating. Never understood fappish games that are structured that way. Other thing is, even on a 65mps connection it still laggs enough to make platforming a frustrating pain in the ass. Another thing I never understood. On line platformers. It just doesn’t work very well. Your exe might have fixed that issue but it keeps giving me a “cabinet is not valid” error when I try to run it in wine (on linux. yes I know, don't say it). Says it's corrupted. Played on line for a bit. Got half the keys before I just gave up. Add more kinds of enemies, fix those issues and this would get 6 stars for me. Like I said, a lot to compliment but a few unfortunate problems that killed the fun for me.

hentaiwriter responds:

Thanks for the review and rating!

So for the no clothes stuff, you can actually see all the animations in a level by beating it in the title screen gallery; additionally, in the full game, you'll be able to re-watch cutscenes and databanks there as well.

There's also a number of sex scenes that you can only get by winning or doing well, and a number of them that will just show throughout the level regardless of your performance as well.

The lag is primarily from your computer more than likely, as the number of files in the cache when this is running is fairly large; unfortunately, as you're on Linux, some computers can't emulate it successfully with WINE, and a lot of Linux computers are unable to do so. The full version of the game though will get a legitimate Linux build, but for now unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that.

The full game also has 4 enemies for each level, and one boss for each level for a total of 20 enemies and 5 bosses; we chose to go with a smaller amount of enemies but to give them multiple attacks, so that enemies have more depth to them instead of being throwaways with only one attack each, so to speak.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the full game more! :D

I had no problem playing this game. The graphics, plot and art design are great. The game play is fine. Yes hot keys would be a very good idea. Really I think this game will be great once it's ironed out a bit more. 5 stars for concept and potential. Difficulty level is fine. Sound wasn't working for me, so I can't comment on that. I like that you can just hold down the space bar to shoot constantly while directing fire with the mouse. I'm assuming there are only 3 levels so far, because I didn't open any more up after beating the boss.

GeneralWu responds:

Thank you, Midnigths-Ocean! There will be about 30 levels in the final version.
Btw, if you are a Steam user, consider support "Spaceguard 80" at greenlight voting: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=936890311
Cheers!

I make music and sounds. I post mostly on newgrounds so people can use them in games and such. My full albums can be found on my home page below.

Music