As happens every year, there's a new slew of hardware synths hitting the market and the nearly 25 year old argument continues.
d00d y u not jst get plug-in. save m0ney?!
Now I appreciate both in and outside the box music production and I know the ups and downs for both, as I own both.
This year, so far this was one of my fave replies:
(WxkR)4 days ago
1. Because we feel the difference.
2. Because we love the fact that when our computer crashes, is updated, or simply is turned off, our synths are still there and are functional.
3. Because we know how to play keyboards.
4. Because we like to modify sounds with knobs and sliders that yield consistent results so that we can sculpt sounds with great precision.
5. Because we come up with musical ideas all the time and hate long set up times.
6. Because we can sell our hardware synths that are not inspiring us any more.
7. Because music is too important for us to restrict it to a box
8. Because we getting immersed in sound much more than getting fixated on a screen.
9. Because we adore coming home to a studio that looks like it belongs to a musician and not like a standard corporate employee office.
10. Because there is a community of fellow synth lovers with whom we like to exchange ideas.
11. Because we prefer this kind of fetishism to other, more mundane ones.
Round half of those are a bit circumstantial imo. 2, 6, 9, 11 and especially 8 I can sympathize with though.