View Profile Midnights-Ocean

1 w/ Response

sanic, y u do dis? >:|

........................................ that hurt. it hurts because it's so true. I've been swimming in that sea of crap for, well, nearly as long as you have my dear foamy and frankly, frankly, I'm sick and fucking tired. So tired I question if making good content matters anymore. When I started creating, I did it because the radio had become so boring, so bland, so predictable, that I figured, shit, I could probably make something more original than this, and you know what? I did. I've got well over 200 original works. Most of them decent. Most of them unpublished. Unpublished Why? Because people, most people, simply, don't, give, a, shit. They'd rather watch someone making a living out of reviewing pop culture phenomenon or making parodies, than listen to original content someone put serious heart time and soul into. From day one I made a point to take as few short cuts as possible, because they so often, hurt originality.

I know I will get flamed for saying this but fuck it. I figure this is as good a place and time as any.

Napster killed the music scene.

That's right. That little trade mark isn't a cat, it's a fucking horned devil. The napster mentality, is, to the music underground, what sulphuric acid is to a lawn. The mainstream corporations may have mowed down creativity but the napster mentality keeps it from growing back. When most everyone does not pay for music, the scene dies. No money=no bills paid=no time=no incentive to create. It's the simple truth, so many tap dance around but it's not going away. Someone has to pay for food/shelter/internet.

This metal head sums it up pretty well right here:

that end. umm, wow lol holy shit dude. unfortunately I can't argue >.>

surprisingly accurate and well presented.

oh and you gota love all the fake health food too. hiding in amongst the actual good for you foods. "healthy" this, "organic" that, "nature" fill in the blank, but when you look at the ingredients, it's the same shit as the cheep stuff! my highest monthly expense is my flippin' grocery bill!

what umm. it. I don't even. I honestly have no clue what to say man.

lol foamy, original non-conformist. ah but don't you know, you're a bloody "anarchist" if you're not a conformist. That means you must conform to the appropriate established political views.

thank you foamy, you increase your blood pressure, so I don't have to. Do I count as hating TV if I haven't owned one since 2004?

i did not know that was a thing. i now know that is a thing. thank you mister squirrel.

A fair and relatively realistic depiction of the topic.

this, this was actually amazingly amusing. I five thumbs yar.

I make music and sounds. I post mostly on newgrounds so people can use them in games and such. My full albums can be found on my home page below.

Music